WEAR THE PANTS

wearing: top from MarketHQ, American Apparel pants, rucksack c/o Grafea, sunglasses c/o Zooq, nike shoes, topshop rings. Photos by my dad.
I realized the true absurdity of blogging when I had discovered my attachment -not towards an item of clothing or an accessory- but towards a wall. A freaking wall! I requested a detour from grocery shopping so we could shoot in front of this surface….weird huh? Of course, that doesn’t mean i’m not attached to the banalities one would associate with fashion blogging; these shoes for example, are a size too small and i still manage to convince myself at least once a week for a full day that they’ll “stretch”.
But never before have i ever really associated myself with pants, in particular trousers. Definitely shorts, even jeans, though never actually a pleated pair of trousers have been consecutively worn that i’ve begun to relish the feeling of not wearing skinny jeans. Yes, i’m getting lazy- my most worn shoes are sneakers and i prefer a backpack to the regular purse any day (hands free for eating, simultaneous gadget holding and picture taking y’know?) but i’ve realized that’s the way i like it.
And just so i can be a whole new level of Dr. Phil; things change. A year ago I detested jellybeans with every fibre of my being and today i discovered that they’re pretty nice in a plastic colorful, quick sugar happy pills sort of way. I don’t really know where i’m going with this but i guess recently i’ve been stuck with what my style is, and what i should be doing to dress like a ”blogger”. Yet, I feel pretty good eating handfuls of jellybeans (both hands…backpacks win) in billowy (compared to skin-tight denim) pants in sneakers. This doesn’t mean i’m 100% pleased with how i dress, nor do i even know what my style is and how to describe it. But it’s transitioning and experimenting with it for a while will be pretty fun.
Ok, essay’s over (I’m guessing no one even read up to here so it doesn’t really matter what i say).
xx
Zoe
62 Comments
  • Mia Luna

07/08/2013 at 6:03 AM Reply

I read all the way to the end! :) loving this look but then you always look effortlessly chic! Xoxo piper

• StyleGodis

07/08/2013 at 7:47 PM Reply

Great outfit! Love the shirt. So effortless

• Tabet

07/08/2013 at 9:35 PM Reply

Hey,
    beautiful outfit!:)
    Love
    Tabea

• Alice

08/08/2013 at 3:26 AM Reply

I'm still trying to wrap my mind around the coolness of that shirt. It's silver, shiny, and so perfectly cut! Yeah, I'm fangirling over a shirt. What can I say? I get easily excited and besides that, hyper off too much pizza (as if that could really be a thing heh).
    But wait, this is you on a lazy day? This is pretty much me every single day…sneakers and backpacks whoohoo! One thing I do have to say is that with backpacks, I'm always slightly paranoid of getting pickpocketed, especially in a city like Hong Kong. Not sure if that's ever concerned you but as long as you feel safe, it's all cool.

Since I'm completely rambling and writing my own little essay here in my comment, I just wanted to say that I read all of what you wrote and get you on so many levels! Jelly beans are yum but only with the right flavors (aka not Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans which are mostly gag-inducing and giving good jelly beans a bad name). As for the Nike Cortezes, which I love like everyone else, did you know that you can customize them? So cool, right?

Okay that's enough rambling but just know that you're fab, Zoe, and blogging does indeed give way to weird attachments to things like walls. That's okay though. It's all good, especially when there are tasty things like jelly beans to enjoy.

~Alice
    The SEAREX

• luisavinogradova

08/08/2013 at 6:01 AM Reply

I love how this looks stylish, comfy and efortless. Nike's are changing the way I see tennis shoes <3

XX

Much love, Luisa from The Fashion Deck.

• Toyin

08/08/2013 at 8:01 AM Reply

I just love the simplicity of the outfit. I have always wanted trainers like that and it has been beautifully styled with the trousers

• Sophia Sanchez

08/08/2013 at 1:13 PM Reply
  • Jessica Silva

08/08/2013 at 3:57 PM Reply

lovely!! <3

• Adriana Daphne

09/08/2013 at 8:37 AM Reply

I love how this outfit is effortless but looks like it took time to pair it… I love your style

• Nequéren Reis

09/08/2013 at 7:54 PM Reply

Olá, Deus te abençoe, amiga o seu blog é maravilhoso sucesso, já estou te seguindo. Aguardando retribuição. ESTOU CONVIDANDO VOCÊ PARA UM CONCURSO NO MEU BLOG, EU E LOJA TPM OFERTAS, MINHA PARCEIRA, SORTEIO DE UM ÓCULOS RAY BAN
    Blog: http://arrasandonobatomvermelho.blogspot.com.br
    Fan Page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Batom-Vermelho/490453494347852?fref=ts

• nia

10/08/2013 at 8:53 AM Reply

I read them all! (love ur shirt btw <3 )

• Gracie

12/08/2013 at 11:55 PM Reply

Super cool chick.
    Love how you addressed the ever evasive “blogger's style.” I feel like readers don't realize they don't have to wear all the trendiest clothes all the time. Most fashion blogs just make you feel bad about your clothes if you're not careful.
    Its ok not to know you're style! Better that than to copy others. Yours is awesome.
    Sorry for the ramble. Obviously I love your blog